The luxury hotel brand expands its Italian portfolio with the iconic Hotel Danieli
Located in the Riva degli Schiavoni area of Venice along the Grand Canal, next to Piazza San Marco, the Hotel consists of three buildings: the 14e century Palazzo Dandolo and two 19e century additions connected by bridges – Palazzo Casa Nuova and Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. The rich heritage of Hotel Danieli is on display throughout the property, showcased in beautifully preserved Venetian Gothic-style architecture, as well as art and antiques from throughout the property’s history.
“Italy is a popular and important destination for luxury travelers, and we have capitalized on the strength of this market with property upgrades and incredible new additions to our portfolio – many in conjunction with our long-standing partners, Gruppo Statuto,” declared Bart Carnahan, President, Global Business Development and Portfolio Management, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “With Hotel Danieli, we add another iconic property to our Italian portfolio, where we will honor the historic legacy of this Venetian landmark while introducing the exceptional Four Seasons service experience to one of italy most popular destinations.
Venice is a globally significant tourist market celebrated for its art, culture and architecture. The city is also known for its unique geography, as it is built on an archipelago of hundreds of islands, some of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites, connected by bridges and canals. Travelers explore the city by water or on foot, allowing them to enjoy extraordinary sights and attractions at every turn.
“Hotel Danieli is a renowned and historic property in Veniceand we are confident that our partnership with Four Seasons will help the hotel enter its next chapter, maintaining the level of quality and excellence that guests have come to expect from the hotel,” says Status of Giuseppe, owner of the Gruppo Statuto. “With Four Seasons, our properties in Milano and Taormina have enjoyed great success, and Hotel Danieli will perfectly complement these world-class experiences that are unrivaled in Italy.”
Hotel Danieli has long been one of the most luxurious hotels in Venice with an ideal location in the heart of the city. Guests will be a short walk from a myriad of attractions, including the market stalls in St. Mark’s Square, gondola rides along the canal, and St. Mark’s Basilica.
Guests will be immersed in the splendor of the property from the start of their stay, enjoying a unique arrival experience by boat via the Grand Canal. The rooms offer an exceptional view of the Grand Canal, the surrounding city and of Venice Bay. The property also has four restaurants and bars, which also boast gorgeous views, as well as seven meeting and event spaces.
The hotel will undergo major renovations before it reopens as a Four Seasons experience, with a renowned designer Pierre-Yves Rochon monitor the interiors. Rochon has worked on several other historic Four Seasons properties in Europeincluding in Florence, Paris, Cap-Ferrat and Megeve. During the renovation period, the establishment will remain open with certain services and facilities available. During this period, the hotel will be operated and managed by Gruppo Statuto as The Hotel Danieli, Venezia.
When reopening as a Four Seasons experience in 2025, Danieli Hotel, Venezia, a Four Seasons Hotelwill join the growing collection of Four Seasons properties at Italyincluding Hotel Four Seasons Milanwhich recently underwent major renovations to its common areas; Four Seasons Hotel Florence; San Domenico Palace, Taormina, a Four Seasons Hotel; and a next complex at Puglia.
For more images, please see here.
About Gruppo Statuto
Gruppo Statuto owns and develops luxury hotels at the highest level in the market. The Group’s business also includes residential developments as well as commercial developments both in Rome and in Milano. Gruppo Statuto owns some of the most emblematic 5-star luxury hotels in the country, among others, the famous Four Seasons Hotel Milano; San Domenico Palace, Taormina, A Four Seasons Hotel; the iconic Danieli Hotel in Venice which will soon undergo a major renovation before reopening as a Four Seasons hotel; the Mandarin Oriental Milano and the next Porto Cervo which is currently under development; and other hotel projects under development Rome and Milano city centers.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts opened its first hotel in 1961 and since then has been dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continuous innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently operating 124 hotels and resorts and 50 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects in planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the top hotels in the world. world and the most prestigious brands in reader surveys, traveler reviews and industry awards. For more information, visit fourseasons.com. For the latest news, visit press.fourseasons.com and follow @FourSeasonsPR on Twitter.
About Historic Four Seasons Hotels
The Four Seasons collection of unique and architecturally significant heritage hotels includes buildings whose origins span from the 14th to the early 20th centuries:
- Hotel Four Seasons Casa Medina Bogotadesigned in 1946 by the famous architect born in Medellín Santiago Medina Mejia whose characteristic stained glass windows adorn the exterior
- Four Seasons Hotel Florencesensitively adapted over ten years from two Renaissance palaces and set in an idyllic 4.5-hectare (11-acre) garden
- Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotela Art Nouveau landmark in the remarkable city of Budapest
- Four Seasons Istanbul Hotel Sultanahmethoused in a century-old neo-classical prison
- Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul on the Bosphorustransformed from a former 19th-century Ottoman palace
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paristhe legendary eight-storey monument built in 1928
- Four Seasons Hotel in Praguecomposed of several riverside multi-period buildings
- Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, a Four Seasons hotelthe most legendary palace on the Côte d’Azur, inaugurated in 1908
- Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Clubthe old social club that hosted people like Elizabeth Taylor and Frank Sinatraoriginally opened New Years Eve 1930 and reopened as a Four Seasons Experience in 2017
- Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Squarethe former Port of London Authority, a Grade II* listed heritage building overlooking the River Thames
- Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athensthe iconic ancient palace of Astir to the south of Athensnow the first Four Seasons hotel in Greece
- Twenty Grosvenor SquareA Four Seasons Residencethe former headquarters of the United States Naval Forces in Europe and now the first free-standing Four Seasons private residence
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Madridwhich includes seven historic buildings in the heart of the Spanish capital
- San Domenico Palace, Taormina, a Four Seasons Hotel, consisting of the Old Convent Wing built on the site of a 14th-century convent and the Grand Hotel Wing, a Liberty-style structure added in 1896
- Four Seasons Hotel New Orleanshoused in an iconic Modernist building completed in 1968, listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2014.
- Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Genevaa historic neo-classical building, inaugurated in 1894.
- Hotel Four Seasons Milanan impeccably restored former 15th century convent.
Upcoming landmark restorations include the third Four Seasons experience at Colombia with Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Cartagena and the conversion of the famous Hotel Formentor in Majorca, Spain.
SOURCE Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts