Idaho Commerce Opens 2022 Application for Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant ProgramFeb11
PRESS RELEASE: For immediate release
Contact: Laurie McConnell Idaho Trade – Tourism Development 208.287.0781 [email protected]
Idaho Commerce Opens 2022 Application for Idaho Region
Travel and Convention Grant Program
BOISE, Idaho (February 11, 2022) – The Idaho Department of Commerce and Tourism Development is now accepting applications for the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant Program for the 2022 grant cycle. must be submitted through the Department’s online portal by 4:30 p.m. MT on April 1, 2022.
Established in 1981, Idaho’s Regional Travel and Convention Grant Program is funded by collecting a 2% tax on sales of hotels, motels, private campgrounds and rental holidays.
The Idaho Travel Council (ITC) oversees the grant program which distributes funds to incorporated nonprofit organizations that have established a viable travel or convention program.
The purpose of ITC is to promote the State of Idaho and designated travel regions within the State by:
- Meaningful programs to promote tourist attractions and tourism assets in the State;
- Return on investment through reports that validate the best use of marketing dollars to get room nights;
- Use of cooperative marketing opportunities to leverage budget and market penetration;
- Collaborate and consolidate marketing projects with partners to align strategies and leverage consistent messaging; and
- Media opportunities capable of targeting a broader market base or specific niche audiences.
For more information about the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant, including a detailed application timeline and application overview, visit: https://commerce.idaho.gov/tourism-resources/itc -grant-program
For questions or access to the grants portal, please send a request to [email protected]